DCPS Calendar for School Year 2012-2013
Download the 2012-2013 DCPS School Calendar
Download small 2012-2013 DCPS School Calendar
Download the 2012-2013 DCPS School Calendar for your smartphone, tablet or PC
Here are some of the highlights of the upcoming school year calendar:
- The first day of school will be Monday, Aug. 27, 2012.
- The first of three Parent-Teacher Conference days will be Monday, Oct. 22, 2012.
- Winter Break will begin on Monday, Dec. 24, 2012 and end on Friday, Jan. 4, 2013. School will resume on Monday, Jan. 7, 2013.
- The second of three Parent-Teacher Conference days will be Monday, Feb. 25, 2013.
- Spring Break will begin on Monday, April 1, 2013 and end on Friday, April 5, 2013. School will resume on Monday, April 8, 2013.
- The third of three Parent-Teacher Conference days will be Monday, June 3, 2013.
- The last day of school is scheduled for Thursday, June 20, 2013. Please note that Friday, June 21, 2013 and Monday, June 24, 2013 are make-up days, to be scheduled as needed.
Approval process for the 2012-2013 school calendar
1. Solidification of the assessment calendar, as DCPS proposes to tie the PD days to the BAS/CAS replacements.
2. Presentation of the proposed calendar to the Washington Teachers Union.
3. Approval of the proposed calendar from the DCPS Office of General Counsel.
4. The proposed calendar is posted to the DCPS website.
5. DCPS makes and vets any necessary changes.