December 13, 2012
Ways to keep your child on track during winter break
Winter break is Dec. 21 - Jan. 7
Winter break is almost here! The last day before the break is Friday, Dec. 21. Students and teachers will return on Monday, Jan. 7.
Time off from school is a great opportunity to help your child work on improving skills. Below are three ways you can keep your child on track academically so they are ready to hit the ground running in January.
1. Review your child's recent report card and assessments (PIA or ANET). Questions to discuss with your child: In what areas are you doing well? What areas do you need to work on?
2. Download DCPS Parent Roadmaps that explain what your child is learning in school and specific activities you can do to help support these lessons at home.
3. Participate in a webinar hosted by DCPS partner, LearnZillion, on Tuesday, Dec. 18 at 8:30 p.m.
- LearnZillion is a website that gets you up-to-speed on what your child is learning and gives you practical ways to help your child, including great video lessons and quizzes to check for understanding.
- Click here to register! (Please register even if you can't attend the live event. We'll send all registrants a link to the recording.)
We wish you and your family a wonderful holiday season!
The Office of Family and Public Engagement
P.S. Here are a few upcoming dates in January to put on your calendar.