NEW AFTERSCHOOL ENROLLMENT PROCESS
Afterschool enrollment for ALL families will now take place ONLINE at http://dcps.dc.gov/DCPS/asp! Families who visit the new online enrollment system can expect to have a customized experience based on your child and the school he/she is attending.
Afterschool Enrollment Amharic
Afterschool Enrollment Chinese
Afterschool Enrollment Spanish
Afterschool Enrollment Vietnamese
*These translations are ONLY to facilitate the completion of the online registration form. They should NOT be filled out.
There are TWO rounds of afterschool enrollment beginning on June 16th!
1. Round One (Monday, June 16-Friday, July 11) – All students enrolled during this period are guaranteed a seat in the afterschool program at their school.
2. Round Two (Monday, July 21-Wednesday, August 20) – Seats will be filled based on availability. There may be a delayed start for students who are enrolled during this period if afterschool seats are full at their school.
The afterschool enrollment process has been simplified this year, so most families will not need to submit more documents after completing the online enrollment form. At the following seven schools, families who apply for a reduced co-payment rate will be notified through the online enrollment process that they need to bring additional documentation to their child’s school: Bancroft ES, Ludlow-Taylor ES, Marie Reed ES, Thomson ES, Tyler ES, Watkins ES, and West ES. If your family needs to bring in documentation, those items will be due between Monday, August 11 and Wednesday, August 20 to hold your student’s seat. If you receive a request for additional documentation, a complete list of requirements can be found here. No appointments are necessary to bring in documentation to the school. Please see the table below for the dates and hours of operation.
Schedule for additional afterschool documentation intake at Bancroft ES, Ludlow-Taylor ES, Marie Reed ES, Thomson ES, Tyler ES, Watkins ES, and West ES ONLY
List of requirements in Amharic
List of requirements in Chinese
List of requirements in French
List of requirements in Spanish
List of requirements in Vietnamese
Important Enrollment and Program Reminders:
- In order for any student to be enrolled in an afterschool program the student must be enrolled in the regular school day for SY 14-15.
- No child will be permitted to start until enrollment has been confirmed.
- The afterschool program will start at 3:30 p.m. and end at 6:00 p.m. each full school day (unless otherwise notated by your school).
- The afterschool program will include a one-hour Academic Power Hour for all students. The remaining program time will be spent doing enrichment activities, focusing on arts, athletics, and community service. Supper/snack will be provided to all students free of charge.
If you need assistance with the enrollment process please contact the Chancellor’s Response Team at: 202-478-5738.
*If you lack access to a computer, computers will be available at your school for use during the above enrollment period from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 pm. DC Public Libraries also have computers available for public use. Hours and locations can be found at http://dclibrary.org/hours-locations.