Engage DCPS: Budget Matters
It’s that time again to share your feedback with us about the budget! We would love to hear from you. You can make a difference!
Last year, we launched Engage DCPS: Budget Matters to solicit your feedback. Based on your input, Chancellor Kaya Henderson and DCPS leadership made a series of important investments in the FY15 budget around three priorities:
- Invested in support staff to better address the social and emotional needs of students;
- Invested in new teachers in order to guarantee more robust course offerings; and
- Provided all schools with funding for field trips for greater exposure and new extracurricular activities to increase student satisfaction.
- Invested in Extended Day at 25 schools
- Sustained our FY14 investments in elementary schools
This year, we are seeking input about our FY16 budget, which focuses on four priorities:
1) High schools
2) Equity in Academic Rigor
3) Young Men of Color
4) Extended Day
We’re asking YOU for your thoughts: How can we reach our goals? What would you like to see at the district level, your local school, or is there anything your school does well that we should apply to other schools?
Register at engagedcps.org to let your voice be heard
NOTE: You must register in order for your feedback to be recorded.
This platform is for you to express your thoughts, so please be open!
We will review and share your feedback with our schools and DCPS leadership and look forward to exploring many of your suggestions..
Additionally, this year, DCPS will provide more opportunities for the community to be heard during budget planning than ever before. More information and specific dates to come but we expect to hold:
- Chancellor-led community meetings by HS feeders
- Online chats
- School-level budget planning events
- Discussions at local PTA meetings
- Living room chats with your neighbors
Together, we can make DCPS the best urban school district in the nation. We are DCPS and we can do this!
Budget Development 1 pager
FY16 Budget Hearing PowerPoint Presentation