DC Comprehensive Assessment System (DC CAS)
About the DC Comprehensive Assessment System (DC CAS)
- Administered each April.
- Taken by students in grades 3-8 and grade 10 grade students.
- Measures students’ knowledge and skills in reading and math.
Additional Testing Areas
- Students in grades 4, 7, and 10 also take a composition test.
- Students in grades 5 and 8 also take the science test.
- Students in grades 9-12 who take biology take the biology test.
Management and Administration
- The DC CAS is managed by the Office of the State Superintendent of Education (OSSE).
- DCPS is responsible for administering the assessment.