Who should complete this application?
All DCPS School Program Providers are required to register with DCPS before operating in schools.
A School Program Provider is an organization that:
- offers a program directly to DCPS schools and/or students,
- requires collaboration directly with DCPS schools,
- does not provide health service or screenings*,
- and works with students or schools 3 or more times per year.
*Any organization that provides health services or screenings (including physical health, mental health, or programming for expectant and parenting students) must complete a separate application process through the Student Wellness Division. Depending on the services offered, visit the Health and Wellness page or Student Mental Health Support page to learn more. Please do not complete the School Program Provider Application.
What is the purpose of this application?
The registration process establishes district-wide expectations that all DCPS School Program Providers must meet to be eligible to operate in conjunction with a DCPS school. This application is designed to:
- Capture information on School Program Providers, focused on:
- alignment to DCPS goals and priorities,
- demonstration of organizational capacity and reliability
- purposeful program design
- Capture program information so that schools may more effectively assess partnership “fit” with their specific school.
- Ensure that School Program Providers are aware of potential costs and required policies and procedures before they begin working in DCPS schools.
Note - Once registered, information submitted in this application will be used to create a partner profile in the DCPS School Partnerships Database, which is our schools’ primary source for searching all School Program Providers registered to operate in DCPS schools.
When will I hear whether my registration was accepted?
Registration applications are reviewed by the Partnerships and Design team monthly, usually the second week of the month. Applicants who need to revise their application after an initial submission should expect their application to be reviewed in the next reviewing cycle. For example, an organization having to revise an application submitted in May will most likely not have any changes made at the request of DCPS until June.
What are the additional requirements for Out of School Time Providers?
Providers that operate before or afterschool and/or during the summer are required to submit documentation, in addition to registering as a School Program Provider.
Start planning for additional requirements, as these required documents may take time/resources to secure. This applies to all Providers that operate before school, afterschool, and/or during the summer with DCPS. Learn more here.
- Prepare the answers to short answer questions ahead of time. Once you begin entering your application into the online template, you cannot save your work. If you do not want to complete your application in one sitting, we recommend that you draft your answers in advance and then paste them into the application once you are ready to submit them. Preview the questions for the vetting and re-vetting applications by downloading the Application Questions listed below under “Application Resources.”
- Applicants are required to upload a completed Budget Form. We strongly recommend completing this Budget Form before beginning the official application submission since you cannot save your work; all applications must be completed and submitted in one sitting, which includes uploading this Budget Form. Download an editable version here.
- The application should take about 1 hour to complete assuming you do the necessary preparation mentioned above.
- Double check your spelling and grammar. Proper grammar and correct spelling are required for the approval of your application. Additionally, if approved, what you write in your application will be seen by schools who review your profile in the School Partnerships Database. Proper spelling and grammar will signal a baseline level of professionalism to schools looking for partners to advance their school goals.
- Application Questions: Review the application questions before starting the application online.
- Budget Form: This is required form applicants must be completed and uploaded with their School Program Provider application. Use this form to complete the budget requirement for your application.
Please contact the School Partnerships Division at [email protected].