DCPS School Psychologists identify and provide the necessary support for students to benefit from their educational program through:
- Consultation with teachers, parents, and administrators to find effective solutions regarding problems in learning and behavior;
- A wide variety of assessment techniques at an individual, group, and systems level to evaluate academic skills, learning aptitudes, emotional development, social skills, and eligibility for special education;
- Intervention with children and families to help solve conflicts and problems in learning and adjustment;
- Prevention by identifying potential learning difficulties; and,
- Education and staff development.