Tuesday, August 30, 2016
- what your child is learning in school, and
- what you can do to support that learning at home.
Here is how you can use the Parent Curriculum Guides:
- The What My Child is Learning section tells you what is being taught in all the core subjects throughout the year.
- The Activities to Practice with My Child section gives you great ideas for fun and easy ways to support classroom learning at home and in your neighborhood.
- Share with another family at your school, church or Scout Troop.
In addition, DCPS and the Council of Great City Schools produced Parent Roadmaps - helpful brochures for parents and families that include a simple explanation of:
- what DCPS students learn in English Language Arts and in Mathematics,
- how teachers might approach those subjects in the classroom, and
- ideas for how families can support learning in these subjects at home.