Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.


DC Public Schools
-A +A
Bookmark and Share

Request Transcripts and Diplomas

Request a copy of your high school transcript or a copy of your diploma

If the school you attended is still in operation, please contact that school’s registrar to assist you with these requests. For a listing of all open DC Public Schools and their numbers please visit the DCPS Profiles site.

For requesting a copy of transcripts or a duplicate diploma for a closed school site all requests must be completed electronically and are to be submitted online. A records release form must be completed, and a copy of your ID must be submitted prior to the release of any Student Records. To submit a records request for a school that has been closed, please submit your request through our new records request portal.

Special Education records requests should be emailed to [email protected] or mailed to the Division of Specialized Instruction at 1200 First St NE 8th Floor Washington, DC 20002.

Request a duplicate copy of your high school diploma

If you graduated from high school after 1999, please contact the high school registrar. The registrar will verify your graduation date, initiate the creation of a duplicate diploma, and ensure that it is mailed to you.

If you graduated from a high school that is now closed (Spingarn, Spingarn Stay, Western, MM Washington, Armstrong, Burdick etc.) please submit your request through our new records request portal. They will work with you to locate your records and assist you in requesting a duplicate diploma.

If you attended a Public Charter School, please reach out to the DC Charter School Board: 3333 14th Street, NW, Suite 210, Washington, DC 20010, phone: (202) 328- 2660, email: [email protected]. If the public charter school is closed, contact (202) 328-2660. For more information visit,

If you graduated from a Non-Public school, please fill out this form


Please note that a copy of your valid official ID must be submitted with the DCPS Authorization to release records form. All forms must be submitted via our online portal or mailed to the attention of DCPS Closed Records Department at the following address: 2000 Adams Place NE Washington D.C. 20018. 

Contact Phone: 
(202) 442-5885
Contact TTY: