DC Public Schools aspires be a model district for special education. Our goal is to provide high quality inclusion and special education services, and to dramatically improve academic outcomes for students with disabilities.
Our four strategic goals are to:
- Increase academic achievement
- Include more students
- Involve families in their child’s success
- Prepare students for college and the workforce
For more information about special education programs, please refer to the websites and links below.
- Special Education Family Guide
- Full-time Program Classroom Locations
- Family Guide to Independent Services
- Pathways for Certificate of IEP Completion
Determining If Your Child Needs Special Education
The world of special education can seem complicated and overwhelming at times. It’s important for parents of students with special needs to understand special education, as well as their child’s progress, so they can be the best possible advocates for their child. If you have any questions, you can contact the Division of Specialized Instruction at [email protected], and someone can help answer your question.