COVID-19 Related Donations
As DC Public School (DCPS) students learn from home, we are currently looking for your help to fund and distribute the following items:
- Grocery gift cards (e-gift cards are preferable)
- Toiletries, hand sanitizer, and other hygiene products
- School supplies (pencils, paper, markers, crayons, etc.)
- Games and activities (workbooks, puzzles, boardgames, etc.)
Financial contributions can be made through DC Public Education Fund.
Additional information on donations and logistics for those donations can be found here.
Make a Donation to DCPS
We welcome your support. Donations from valued community partners support our efforts to provide a high-quality education to students in our nation’s capital.
We are most in need of new items that support our instructional efforts. Some examples of the types of items we would appreciate are:
- School supplies (pens, pencils, notebooks, crayons, and glue) (See K-12 School Supply List)
- Small portable white boards and dry erase markers
- Art supplies (paper, brushes, assorted paint, chalks)
- New books for school, class, and students’ home libraries
- Interactive white boards
- Sports equipment
- Computers and Printers (See Computer Donation Guidelines)
- School uniforms
- Hygiene Kits (See Hygiene Kit Donation Guidelines)
Making a facilities-related donation?
Any donations that necessitates any form of construction/installation or access to utilities/power must follow the DCPS Facilities Donation Process. In order to ensure that the donation meets safety requirements and can be maintained overtime by DC government, DCPS schools and donors are asked to these guidelines. Please contact [email protected], DCPS Environmental Specialist, with questions.
Three Ways to Donate
Donors may either contact a DCPS school directly or work with our central office staff to determine if the donated item(s) meets a need we have at the school or central office level.
- Donate directly to a DCPS School –Whenever possible, we encourage donors to contact DCPS schools directly. This will expedite the process and allow donors to align with the school’s specific needs. A full list of our schools may be found at the DCPS School Profiles website.
- Donate via DCPS central office –If you are looking for additional guidance or support in facilitating a donation, we ask that you complete this Donation Form and the School Partnerships Division will be in touch with next steps.
- Donate via DonorsChoose.org –You may also support a DCPS classroom projects through Donors Choose, a pre-approved online platform through which DC Public Schools may receive donations. To do so, visit the Donors Choose website and search for “DC Public Schools.” This will be the best way to ensure the projects listed are for District of Columbia Public Schools. (Tip: once you identify the specific school project you wish to support, you can review the DCPS School Profiles website to ensure the school project you selected is a DCPS school.)