Tuesday, November 22, 2022
(WASHINGTON, DC) – Today, DC Public Schools (DCPS) Chancellor Lewis Ferebee reminded DCPS families that all students and staff are expected to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test result before returning to school next week following the Thanksgiving Break. All families should administer their student’s test and upload their test results to DCPSstrong.com/testing on Sunday, November 27.
Here’s what DCPS families need to know:
- Schools have been distributing COVID-19 test kits to students, starting Thursday, November 17, and continuing through Tuesday, November 22. Students will be sent home with a test kit.
- Families can also pick up a rapid test kit from any District COVID Center, located in all 8 wards. You can find the COVID Center locations and hours at coronavirus.dc.gov/covidcenters.
- Families should administer their child’s rapid test on Sunday, November, 27 and visit DCPSstrong.com/testing to upload the test results by 9:00 p.m. that evening.
- Schools will reopen after Thanksgiving break on Monday, November 28. Any student who returns after that day will also be expected to show proof of a negative test.
DCPS families should report their child’s results by:
- Visiting DCPSstrong.com/testing.
- Entering your student’s name, address, a contact email, a contact phone number, their school, the date of their test, and their test results.
- Uploading a photo or PDF of your results.
To learn more, please visit DCPSstrong.com.