DCPS Centralized IEP Support Unit serves children who:
- Have been parentally-placed in a private/religious elementary or secondary school in the District of Columbia, whether the family resides in the District of Columbia or not.
- Have been registered as a home school student with the DC Office of the State Superintendent of Education.
- Have been parentally-placed in a private/religious elementary or secondary school in another state and the family resides in the District of Columbia (DCPS is responsible for evaluating the student; if the student is found eligible, services will have to be rendered by the district in which the student attends school).
Anyone, including parents, teachers, school personnel, and community members can make referrals for special education evaluations. Send documents using the contact methods below. After a referral has been received, DC residents will be asked to complete residency verification. A DCPS staff member will contact the guardian to explain this process.
- Referral Form / Formulario de Referido
- Proof of enrollment at a Private School in DC (usually a letter from the school) / OSSE Homeschool authorization letter
- Hearing & vision screening results from the last 12 months
- Attendance Records
- Report Cards
- Standardized Test Scores
- Work Samples
- Prior-Evaluations (if applicable)
- Discipline Incident Reports (if applicable)
Centralized IEP Support Unit
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (202) 442-5475
Fax: (202) 654-6071