To use a DCPS field, please follow these steps:
1. The current permit windows for fields are provided below. Applications must be received online during the “Permit Application Window” to be considered for use.* Applicants may submit new requests after the notification of availability.
- Season Duration: November 22, 2021 – March 18, 2022
- Permit Application Window: September 20, 2021 – October 4, 2021
- Notification of Availability: Week of November 1, 2021
- Invoice Due Date: November 14, 2021 - View fee schedule (Please note that invoices will be sent to the email address provided by the applicant on the permit request).
All locations are available for purchase/request via Permits and Reservations on Monday, November 15, 2021.
- Season Duration: March 19, 2022 – June 19, 2022
- Permit Application Window: December 27, 2021 – January 9th, 2022
- Notification of Availability: Week of February 7, 2022
- Invoice Due Date: February 25, 2022 - View fee schedule (Please note that invoices will be sent to the email address provided by the applicant on the permit request).
All locations are available for purchase/request via Permits and Reservations on Monday, February 28, 2022.
*Requests received after the close of the application window will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
2. Throughout the year, permits are issued on a first come, first served basis. At times when DCPS accepts applications during a "Permit Window," all applications during that time are considered concurrent and therefore are prioritized in the following order:
- DCPS sponsored activities
- Partners with written agreement
- Athletic programs organized by DC Public Schools, District Public Charter School, or the DC State Athletic Association for competitive league pay (games only)
- Youth non-profit organizations, including schools, principally serving District residents
- Adult non-profit organizations principally serving District residents
- Other organizations, groups, or individuals for private use that are based in the District; and then others
- Organizations that "principally serve District residents" are defined as organizations with over 75% of participants residing in the District. Roster or other proof of residency may be required.
- Even if space and time are available, DCPS may issue a permit for less than the hours requested to ensure 1) DCPS property is not overtaxed, 2) to provide for community time, 3) to allow for other types of permitted uses, or 4) to accommodate other applicants who have requested the same space for the same times.
3. If you're ready to start the permit process today, you can apply online now.
4. For questions, please reach out to: [email protected].