Today, DC Public Schools (DCPS) announced that Washington Metropolitan High School will close at the end of the 2019-2020 School Year following a proposal issued in November. This decision to close was shared with the school community after a period of engaging with stakeholders around the proposal.
DCPS engaged with approximately 200 stakeholders including Washington Metropolitan staff, students, families, and community members. We gathered feedback through staff meetings, community forums, and student listening sessions, and also created a phone number for community members to leave feedback via voicemail.
Below are attachments to resources prepared by DCPS for the Washington Metropolitan High School community during the decision-making process. They are posted in reverse chronological order from January 2020 to November 2019.
- Decision letter for closing Washington Metropolitan High School[PDF]
- Letter about the closure for Washington Metropolitan students[PDF]
- FAQ on closure for students[PDF]
- Summary on stakeholder engagement and feedback received[PDF] (DCPS School Planning blog)
- Community update on proposed closure of Washington Metropolitan[PDF] (DCPS School Planning blog)
- Community forum meeting notes[PDF]
- Community forums agenda and presentation[PDF]
- Updated FAQs for Washington Metropolitan students (Middle / High)[PDF]
- Announcement of community forums for December 9 and 12 (DCPS School Planning blog)