DCPS Library Programs support schools in providing a welcoming, inclusive, responsive, and open library where every student can access and utilize print, digital, and multimedia resources to inspire their curiosity, innovation, problem-solving and creation. Effective school library programs are fundamental in teaching and learning and essential to making learning relevant for all students.
DCPS library media specialists in each school are:
- Instructional partners in information literacy for all content areas
- Leaders in technology integration and Digital Citizenship instruction ensuring students are future ready
- Passionate advocates for independent reading and student agency in creating a culture of reading every day, everywhere
- Destiny: Your school’s library catalog
- DC Public Library digital resources and databases – use your All Access DC One Card
- DCPS Canvas
- DCPS Clever
For questions about DCPS’ library programs, email [email protected].