DC is the place to teach, explore, and live!
Washington, DC is the dream city for many educators who want to bring learning to life! Historical sites, nature centers, science labs, theaters, and much more are explored by DCPS students and teachers throughout the year.
Imagine the field trips you could take with your students:
- Air and Space Museum
- Capitol Building
- Glenn Echo Park
- Jug Bay Wetlands Sanctuary
- Manassas National Battlefield Park
- Mount Vernon
- Museum of Natural History
- National Gallery of Art
- National Zoo
- White House
Take advantage of the abundant (and free) professional development resources for educators:
Roughly 600,000 residents choose to live in the DC metro area for many reasons:
- Diverse entertainment and recreational options
- Convenient public transportation
- Unique neighborhoods and homes
Quick Facts About DCPS
- DCPS has 125 schools.
- DCPS has approximately 3,600 educators.
- DCPS serves approximately 46,000 students.
- 79% percent of DCPS students are African-American, 12% are Latino, 7% are White, and 2% are self-declared as “Other.”