There are two JROTC Programs in DCPS
“To Motivate Young People to be Better Citizens”
“Helping Today’s Youth Meet Life’s Challenges”
JROTC is a service to our nation, as it provides Cadets the motivation and skills to improve physical fitness, remain drug free, think critically and creatively, communicate effectively, work as a team member, graduate from high school, pursue meaningful careers especially in the areas of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM), and become successful citizens.
As a JROTC Cadet, students embark on one of the most interesting and valuable educational experiences of their high school career. The program provides students with tools and skills they need to succeed in high school and in life after high school.
Outcomes of the JROTC Programs:
- Act with integrity and personal accountability as they lead others to succeed in a diverse and global workforce;
- Engage civic and social concerns in the community, government, and society;
- Graduate prepared to excel in post-secondary options and career pathways;
- Make decisions that promote positive social, emotional, and physical health; and
- Value the role of the military and other service organizations.
Our JROTC programs instill in students the values of citizenship, service to the United States, personal responsibility, and a sense of accomplishment.