DC Government offers all employees the option to enroll in Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance plans during the Benefits Open Enrollment period or within 31 days of a qualifying life event. Disability insurance is a supplemental insurance coverage that is designed to pay you a weekly benefit in the event that you are rendered unable to work due to injury or sickness. The plans allow employees to receive 66.3% of their income following a 20-day benefits holding period for Short Term Disability and a 180-day benefits holding period for Long Term Disability. The maximum monthly limit is $7,500. Both policies will allow coverage in conjunction with sick and/or annual leave as long as the hours used do not exceed 13 hours per pay period. For additional information regarding Short & Long Term Disability please contact our benefits team at [email protected].
- Short Term Disability will allow employees a maximum coverage limit from 0 -6 months.
- Long Term Disability will allow employees coverage anywhere from 6-24 months.
Please select the links below to review the brochures for more details. For more information about these plans, please visit www.standard.com.
- Short Term Disability Brochure
- Long Term Disability Brochure
- Short and Long-Term Disability Calculator*