In 2012, DCPS launched an ambitious strategic plan—five goals known as the Capital Commitment. Five years later, academic performance is up, graduation rates are up, enrollment is up, student satisfaction is up, and it’s time to set a new vision for what our district can accomplish.
Over the past several months, DCPS conducted a citywide engagement campaign to set the vision for the future of DCPS. We heard from more than 3,000 students, parents, educators, partners, and community members, who shared their experiences from every ward and every school.
Now, we are excited to share the feedback from those meetings. You can read a summary of the most common issues and themes or browse the complete archive of feedbacks from the student and community meetings below.
This valuable feedback will inform the next DCPS strategic plan and the goals that will guide our district’s next five years. DCPS will continue to gather feedback on the draft plan throughout the summer, and will launch the new plan this fall.
- Student Engagement Feedback
- Community Feedback – All Wards
- Community Feedback – Ward 1
- Community Feedback – Ward 2
- Community Feedback – Ward 3
- Community Feedback – Ward 4
- Community Feedback – Ward 5
- Community Feedback – Ward 6
- Community Feedback – Ward 7
- Community Feedback – Ward 8
- Write-In Campaign Feedback