- Your child must be a resident of the District of Columbia in order to be eligible for a free public education, including PK3 and PK4 at DCPS.
- If you are not a resident of the District of Columbia, you must pay non-resident tuition to enroll in a DCPS school where space is available. For more information, contact the DCPS Enrollment Team at (202) 478-5738 or at [email protected].
- Each family is required to prove residency every year when enrolling or re-enrolling in DCPS. Please see the proof of residency documents that are accepted by schools when proving residency.
Your child must meet legal requirements for age eligibility in order to enroll at DCPS:
- PK3: Your child must turn 3 years of age on or before September 30 to be eligible.
- PK4: Your child must turn 4 years of age on or before September 30 to be eligible.
In adherence with DC Municipal Regulations, DCPS does not make exceptions for children born after September 30. Each child’s date of birth is verified upon enrollment into school.
Children do NOT have to be fully toilet trained in order to enroll and attend DCPS Early Childhood programs. If your child is still working on toilet-training, please work with your child’s teacher to get your child on a toileting schedule.