Chancellor Ferebee’s Parent Advisory Board
Accepting Applications (April 3 – May 7, 2023)
Applications are available in English, Spanish, French, Chinese, Vietnamese and Amharic.
- English SY 2023 -24 Chancellor's Parent Advisory Board
- Amharic SY 2023 -24 Chancellor's Parent Advisory Board
- Chinese SY 2023-24 Chancellor's Parent Advisory Board
- French SY 2023 -24 Chancellor's Parent Advisory Board
- Spanish SY 2023 -24 Chancellor's Parent Advisory Board
- Vietnamese SY 2023 -24 Chancellor's Parent Advisory Board
The DCPS Chancellor’s Parent Advisory Board provides a space for the Chancellor and other DCPS leaders to engage and build relationships with a diverse group of parents and caregivers from each ward that are representative of DCPS student and family demographics. During Advisory Board meetings, parents receive timely updates from the Chancellor and DCPS leadership, can ask questions as well as engage with various DCPS teams to learn about and provide input on current or emerging priorities and initiatives.
Board members serve for one school year (September – May), they represent different school communities, students and families from all eight wards. Members are selected based on their connection and commitment to DCPS, their diverse backgrounds, and experiences.
The Chancellor’s Parent Advisory Board meets once a month from September to May. Below is a sample meeting agenda:
- Welcome, Icebreaker, Overview of Agenda and Community Norms
- Member Spotlights
- Updates and Q&A with the Chancellor and DCPS leadership
- Presentation and discussion as a whole group or breakout groups with DCPS divisions (for example, Curriculum and Instruction, Food and Nutrition Services, College and Career, Early Childhood Education, Student Behavior and Culture, and more)
- Announcements, Exit Survey and Closing
*Content might vary depending on the Chancellor’s and DCPS divisions’ availability and key or upcoming projects or initiatives.