Find information about IMPACTplus, base salary, additional compensation opportunities and benefits
IMPACTplus is a performance-based compensation system for members of the Washington Teachers’ Union (WTU) and Council of School Officers (CSO) who are evaluated under IMPACT.
While we recognize that educators do not enter the field for monetary reasons, we feel it is essential to demonstrate – in the boldest way possible – how much we value the work educators do. This is why DCPS collaborated with the WTU and CSO to develop IMPACTplus, a groundbreaking performance-based pay system that was introduced during the 2009–2010 school year. Through IMPACTplus, outstanding DCPS educators are now being paid what they deserve.
Any WTU or CSO member who earns an IMPACT rating of Highly Effective is eligible for IMPACTplus. For teachers and instructional coaches, IMPACTplus has two parts: an annual bonus each year they are rated Highly Effective and an increase in base salary after earning multiple consecutive Highly Effective final ratings. Highly Effective teachers and instructional coaches can also earn up to $25,000 in annual bonuses and see increases in their base salary of up to $27,000.
Other school-based staff can earn bonuses of up to $2000 every year they are Highly Effective.
For information about pay scales for WTU (instructional) employees, please visit the Compensation Page, here: https://dcps.dc.gov/node/1057802.
All full-time staff members are entitled to the following benefits:
- HMO (Aetna, Kaiser Permanente, or United HealthCare)
- PPO (Aetna)
- POS (United HealthCare)
- Dental and Optical Insurance (Plans provided by the Washington Teachers’ Union)
- Basic Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Teacher’s Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts (for dependent care & health care)
- 403(b) Tax Sheltered Annuities
- DC Teachers Federal Credit Union
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- Loan Cancellation or Deferment
- AT&T Discount Program for District of Columbia Employees
- Employer Assisted Housing Program (Up to $11,500 for first-time homebuyers in DC)
- HUD Good Neighbor Next Door Program (50% off the list price for HUD homes)
- Discounted memberships to Washington Sports Clubs
Please visit the DCPS Human Resources page for additional information.