Thank you for visiting the DCPS Panorama Survey Page!
DCPS has a vision that every student feels loved, challenged, and prepared to positively influence society and thrive in life. The Panorama Survey is a critical way to measure progress toward that goal. Your voice matters! See the FAQs below for more on why we ask families, students and staff to take this survey each year and how schools use the results.
Student and Teacher Surveys: The 2020 Panorama Student Survey and Teacher/Staff Surveys will take place from March 2 - March 13, 2020.
- Parents and guardians can review the student survey questions here:
- Students can take the survey at surveys.panoramaed.com/dcps starting on March 2. They will need a student ID to sign in. Surveys are also administered in class in many schools.
- Teachers, non-teaching school staff, and district office staff will receive a link in their email on March 2 to take the survey. This link is unique to each person, so please do not forward it.
- See below for more FAQs for Parents/Guardians, Students, and Teachers!
What is the Panorama Survey?
- Since the 2017-18 school year, DCPS has distributed the Panorama survey annually to all students in grades 3-12, all families/guardians, and all teachers and staff. The survey asks questions about social emotional learning, school climate, school satisfaction, and engagement.
- Answers are also used to calculate a score on the Loved, Challenged, and Prepared Index (LCPI), which tracks progress toward the district’s vision that every student feels loved, challenged, and prepared to positively influence society and thrive in life.
How are results from the survey used?
- Lots of ways! The district and individual schools can use the survey to evaluate progress on the Loved, Challenged, and Prepared Index (LCPI) and set new goals.
- Principals and school teams also use the results to decide on new interventions and programs to improve school climate and social emotional learning.
Where can I find survey results from previous years?
- Reports for previous years are at the bottom of this page.
FAQs for Survey Respondents
- Information for Parents and Guardians [PDF]
- Information for Students in grades 3-12 [PDF]
- Information for Teachers and School Staff [PDF]
Previous Survey Results
Survey Reports (downloadable as PDFs)
- 2019 Panorama Survey Report
- 2018 Panorama Survey Report
- 2017 Stakeholder Survey Report
- 2016 Stakeholder Survey Report
- 2015 Stakeholder Survey Report
- 2014 Stakeholder Survey Report
- 2013 Stakeholder Survey Report
- 2011 Stakeholder Survey Report
Aggregate Data (downloadable as Excel spreadsheets)
- 2019 Panorama Survey Aggregate Data
- 2018 Panorama Survey Aggregate Data
- 2017 Stakeholder Survey Aggregate Data
- 2016 Stakeholder Survey Aggregate Data
Thanks for your interest in the DCPS Panorama Survey! Please email [email protected] with questions.