Eligible DCPS high school students have the opportunity to participate in dual enrollment offerings. Through Dual Enrollment, DCPS students can take challenging college courses that are not offered at their home high school, while earning college credit that can be transferred to many postsecondary institutions. Tuition is waived for DCPS students who participate in one of the programs below.
Each participating university sets its own admissions criteria and selection process for dual enrollment students. DCPS serves as the intermediary to facilitate the application process and to provide student support while DCPS students are enrolled in the program.
After graduating from high school, participants are under no obligation to continue their academic studies at any participating university. For more information about Dual Enrollment, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.
DCPS Dual Enrollment Opportunities
Listed below are the DCPS Dual Enrollment opportunities available to students. Please click each program to learn more about application requirements and deadlines.
- DCPS Dual Enrollment-Private Universities
- Accepting applications from DCPS students in grades 11 & 12 with a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Participating Universities: American University, Catholic University, Georgetown University, George Washington University, & Howard University
- OSSE’s DC Dual Enrollment Program
- Accepting applications from DCPS students in grades 10-12 with a minimum 2.5 GPA
- Participating Universities: American University, Bard College, Bay Atlantic University, Catholic University, Marymount University, Montgomery College, NOVA CC, Trinity Washington University, and UDC-Flagship
- UDC CC CARE Program
- Accepting applications from DCPS students in grades 10-12
- Participating University: UDC-Community College
- IT Dual Enrollment[PDF]
- Accepting applications from 10th and 11th grade students in DCPS CTE IT programs with a minimum 2.0 GPA
- This is an opportunity to take an IT themed Dual Enrollment course and participate in a paid internship over the summer!
- Dual Credit Approval Form
- Dual Enrollment Opportunities Flyer (English)
- Dual Enrollment Opportunities Flyer (Spanish)
Emily Huey, [email protected]