Eligible DCPS high school students have the opportunity to participate in dual enrollment offerings. Through Dual Enrollment, DCPS students can take challenging college courses that are not offered at their home high school, while earning college credit that can be transferred to many postsecondary institutions. Tuition is waived for DCPS students who participate in any of the programs below.
Each participating university sets its own admissions criteria and selection process for dual enrollment students. DCPS serves as the intermediary to facilitate the application process and to provide student support while DCPS students are enrolled in the program.
After graduating from high school, participants are under no obligation to continue their academic studies at any participating university.
DCPS Dual Enrollment Opportunities
Listed below are the DCPS Dual Enrollment opportunities available to students. Please click each program to learn more about application requirements and deadlines.
- DCPS Private Universities Dual Enrollment
- Accepting applications from DCPS students in grades 11 & 12 with a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Participating Universities: American University – School of Education, American University - Data Science Program, Catholic University, Georgetown University, George Washington University, & Howard University
- OSSE Consortium Dual Enrollment
- Accepting applications from DCPS students in grades 10-12 with a minimum 2.5 GPA (view each university-specific grade level & GPA requirements)
- Participating Universities: American University - School of Education, Bard College, Bay Atlantic University, Bowie State University, Marymount University, Montgomery College, NOVA Community College, Prince George’s Community College, Trinity Washington University, UDC-Flagship, & Virginia State University
- UDC-CARE Dual Enrollment
- Starting in the Spring 2024 application cycle, the UDC-CARE Dual Enrollment program has merged with the OSSE Consortium Dual Enrollment program.
- Students interested in applying to UDC Flagship or UDC Community College should apply to the OSSE Consortium Dual Enrollment Program.
- IT Dual Enrollment
- Accepting applications from 10th and 11th grade students in DCPS CTE IT programs with a minimum 2.0 GPA.
- This is an opportunity to take an IT themed Dual Enrollment course and participate in a paid internship over the summer!
Dual Credit Opportunities
Students interested in earning both college and high school credits for their Dual Enrollment course can request Dual Credit. Dual Credit is a component of Dual Enrollment that allows students to earn both high school and college credits. A Dual Enrollment course not taken for Dual Credit does not affect the student’s high school GPA, and students will only earn college credit upon successful course completion.
To learn more about the Dual Credit Request Policy, including deadlines and the pre-approved course list, visit dcps.dc.gov/page/dual-credit.
DCPS Dual Enrollment Coordinator, Emily Huey, [email protected]