New for School Year 2021-2022:
DCPS Food and Nutrition Services (FNS) is no longer requiring a new dietary accommodation form for each school year!
You must submit a new dietary accommodation form only if:
- Your student is new to DCPS and requires dietary accommodations, or
- There are changes to the students’ current dietary accommodation form on file with Food and Nutrition Services.
Please note that all dietary accommodation forms submitted in school years 2019-2020 and 2020-2021 will carry over.
DCPS does not serve meals that contain pork, peanuts, or tree nuts. It is our pleasure to serve vegetarian meals in every school, every day. If your student requires vegetarian meals (will not contain meat, poultry, or fish, but may contain dairy and/or eggs), you do not need to complete a Dietary Accommodation form.
To request a dietary accommodation, please follow these steps:
Step 1: Complete the appropriate Dietary Accommodation form for each child in your household that needs a dietary accommodation.
- Medical Dietary Accommodations Form (For medical accommodations such as food allergies. Requires medical provider’s signature.)
- Milk Substitution & Philosophical Dietary Accommodations Form
Step 2: Submit the completed dietary form to [email protected] (preferred), to your school’s cafeteria or by mail to:
DC Public Schools Food & Nutrition Services
c/o Nadine James – Dietary Forms
1200 First St NE, 9th floor
Washington, DC 20002
Step 3: Food and Nutrition Services will contact you via e-mail to confirm receipt of the form.
Step 4: Our Dietitian will contact you by phone or email with any follow-up questions or to discuss the modified menu if necessary.
If your student has a severe or life-threatening food allergy, we also encourage you to work with your school to develop a section 504 plan. Please contact your school directly or email [email protected].
Before completing a dietary accommodation request form, please note:
- Dietary accommodations are tracked centrally via student ID number. If your student transfers to another DCPS school during the school year or less than 4 weeks before the start of a new school year, the form does not need to be resubmitted to us, however, we strongly encourage you to alert us so accommodations can continue without interruption at your destination school. Please email us at [email protected].
- Forms must be complete before accommodations can be met, including parent/legal guardian signatures and licensed medical provider signatures (when applicable).
Please select the dietary form for which your student requires a medical dietary accommodation: